Believe the hype. Join over 10,000 customers who have switched to silk!
Switching to silk is a game-changer. Find out below the benefits for your beauty sleep, haircare routine and overall well-being.
Why switch to silk?
Silk is widely known as one of the most luxurious and highly desired fabrics in the world. So what are the health benefits of silk and why is it considered one of the most luxurious forms of bedding?
We spend around a third of our lifetime sleeping and the majority of us sleep on a cotton pillowcase every night. While cotton may feel soft, it is more abrasive against our skin and hair compared to silk fabric. This can lead to cotton creases on our face each night (leading to wrinkles over time) and hair becoming tangled and tugged as you toss during the night, causing hair breakage.
Switching to a silk pillowcase instead has a number of health benefits for your skin, hair and the quality of your sleep.
- Hydrated skin – Silk fibres are significantly less absorbent than cotton, meaning that a silk pillowcase absorbs less moisture from your skin overnight, keeping your skin hydrated while you sleep.
- Anti-crease – the super soft texture of silk prevents creases appearing on your skin in the morning. As silk reduces friction against your skin, a silk pillowcase also prevents tugging on your skin during the night, which can help reduce signs of wrinkles over time.
- Maximise your skincare routine – As silk is less absorbent than cotton, a silk pillowcase or silk eye mask will also help to keep any overnight creams you may use stay where they belong - on your face!
- Great for sensitive skin: Endorsed by dermatologists, silk is mulberry silk is a natural fabric, hypoallergenic and non-abrasive against your skin, making silk products suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Healthy, hydrated hair
- Healthy hair – Cotton may feel soft, however its surface is more abrasive than silk, so when it rubs on your hair during the night it can cause breakage and hair damage. The natural properties of silk reduce friction against hair to keep your hair smooth and prevent damage. This means that our silk pillowcases and silk scrunchies help to keep your hair healthy both throughout the day and whilst you sleep!
- Anti-frizz – Pillowcases made from cotton result in more friction which can lead to hair tugging and pulling in the night. 100% Silk pillowcases and silk scrunchies reduce friction against hair to help prevent frizz. Silk pillowcases have even been shown to help your hairstyles last longer for this reason.
- Hydrated hair - silk's natural properties helps to retain moisture in the hair as it is less absorbent than materials like cotton.
Better quality of sleep
- Heat regulation – Silk fabric is naturally thermo-regulating, which means that it is very effective at regulating body temperature and controlling moisture effectively. This means that it helps to keep your body cool during summer and comfortable during winter, so it is suitable for all seasons! Silk fibres are 100% natural, light and breathable to provide a cool and dry night’s sleep, giving you a better sleep experience.
- Hypoallergenic – Silk's natural hypoallergenic properties prevent irritation of your skin, minimising any discomfort for those with sensitive skin.
- Luxury comfort - The luxurious feeling of silk against your skin and hair is soft and soothing, providing the ultimate luxury sleeping experience as you drift to sleep.
Perfect colour. No bed hair. Skin feels softer
Thank you very much, this is so perfect
A sophisticated colour with great volume and shine. It's perfect and I would absolutely recommend it!
The statement scrunchie is my go to hair band. I no longer have tension headaches from usual hair bands since moving to silk. They don’t affect my curls and I’ve noticed a difference with breakages. So comfortable to wear. Will be a repeat customer for sure!
Love the emerald
I always use silk pillowcases and in past year hair turbans and hair accessories in silk. Of all the companies I have tried, this one is by far the best for quality of the silk, quality of product and stitching and comfort especially for hair turban and the packaging is so beautiful and oozes quality you just don’t want to throw it away!! Don’t bother with all the others or waste money use this on. Honestly!!
Love the emerald green colour for the eye mask. These eye-masks are very comfortable to wear and don't irritate the skin. They're a good size to reduce light disturbance when trying to rest. This is my second eye-mask from The Silk Collection (wanted a different colour). All items are packaged very neatly and include care instructions for all silk products which is very informative and useful to have to look after these products well and keep them at their best!
Great mini scrunchies and beautifully presented, a free large scrunchie too.
Wanted some neutral colours mainly to wear in hair at night. However have ended up also wearing during day. Recommend
My mask arrived in beautiful packaging, ideal for a lovely luxurious gift. Ordering was very easy and the product arrived within a few days. I would definitely recommend The Silk Collection and wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again.
This Company is a delight. The Silk items are beautiful and the packaging is amazing.
This is my second order of these lovely silk scrunchies. Gentle on the hair and really well made. What’s not to like. Great stocking fillers!
Bought for my daughter, who's over the moon with it. Delivery was quick, beautiful packed, quality item.
I think they are truly gorgeous and only hope my wife feels the same. I purchased the eye mask first, it looked so good I went back to buy the scrunchies. Not sure that was the cheapest way to buy but they look to be sumptuous and my wife is special so, she's worth it :-)